Promotion Forums Webmaster Chat

Teg

48 posts Member

Promotion Forums use to be a really big thing several years ago. Nowadays they are far and few between. Even the sites that were extremely popular and offered great services to boost activity and traffic on a site are dying out. So, all that in mind, my question to you guys is: Do you think that Promotion Forums are still as helpful as they once were? Why or why not?

Replies (11)

T Dog

120 posts Member

I've never made any real success off of promotion forums. Best case they compliment your other efforts. 

Sir Twisted

249 posts Member

I have to agree with what you have said within your thread, there is not much to gain from some of them nowadays. 

Grungie

60 posts Member

Like someone already said, most of them just say "good luck" or "nice forum", and not much else happens. That or a lot of them are basically dead, so you create a thread to advertise, and then it just sits there and nobody looks at them.

Peopl

7 posts Member

Promotion forums aren't the right way to proceed. Most forum members are asking each other to help their forum grow but in reality it's not growing anything. To grow a forum one needs to have specific niche ( most likely) and it needs members who are not forum owners. You need to have members are there to solve or help other people. So as long as post exchanges goes on, forum is working but as exchange of post doesn't takes place, forum just dies. So i would think, it better to have real members like friends or people who share similar interests but don't want exchange of posts. 

xXInfectedXx

173 posts Member
    Of course they are helpful! I make use of Forum Promotion everday. I prefer to use the Marketplace and offer my posting service in return for $, promotional forums are good for forum owners and for people who are looking to earn some extra money.

TheJason

142 posts Member
    Quoting xXInfectedXx, posted Feb 03, 2018
    Of course they are helpful! I make use of Forum Promotion everday. I prefer to use the Marketplace and offer my posting service in return for $, promotional forums are good for forum owners and for people who are looking to earn some extra money.

Some are great, but some are dead and others are just developing.  Anyway, they seem to drop like rain, so I'm wondering about the short lifespan.  Is it a bad team, leadership, both?

T Dog

120 posts Member

Even off the active promotion forums you don't really gain any real members from them. Typically if you do post exchanges you just gain meaningless stats and in return you have to spend time on other forums instead of your own. 

I think getting posts and content in the beginning is important. But if you rely on post exchanges to keep your forum alive then you are wasting your time. 

Kita

66 posts Moderator

Definitely promotion forums are less active than before but still they are offering great services to help a person to build a site. You can do post exchanges with another person to help boost your new forum's activity, request posting packages, receive feedback and much more.

Smokey

6 posts Member

While they aren't as active as they once were, they're still a useful tool for webmasters & admins alike. I just wish there were more promotional forums around like there were back in the day. Only one I know of now, is Forum Promotion.

Lammchen

28 posts Member

I think that if you're looking for a single way to promote your forum that you're setting yourself up for failure. You can't expect to sign up with a forum promotion site and expect to suddenly have a thriving community and do no more work. 

Running a forum is always going to be work. You might need to work on gaining new members. You might need to work on gaining new content. You might need to work on getting existing members to get along so that newbies aren't afraid to join.

I recently started a craft forum and I don't look to a forum promotion site to make it a success. I am looking to it as a jump start so that when people come to my site they won't see it empty. It won't be as active as I would love, but with a crafting site it's more about having content to offer people. 

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register