How did you learn to code? Webmaster Chat

SeanQ87

64 posts Member
How did you learn to about coding and HTML, CSS, PHP or whatever your knowledge is in?    Did you go to collage or university for it? or are you self-taught via online?
Replies (8)

TheJason

142 posts Member

I'm not the greatest coder, but I have learned some via self-study and also via some college courses in Visual Basic, Java, HTML, CSS, C #, C ++, and Python.   Anyway, I used to buy programming books all the time - but now I'm not into it so much.  Instead, I focus on applications like forum or blog software - which I'm way much better at, BTW.

Sir Twisted

249 posts Member

I'm  pretty much just self taught. there is no real full explanation for it I started off with a theme CSS HTML then moved to PHP & jscript.

Claraviolet

107 posts Member

Because of my college courses.

Well, I was an ECE student first and after learning the basic c language, I fell in love with the computer languages and I transferred to CSE stream and from there on, I learned so much of other languages as well

Peopl

7 posts Member

I am learning only sometimes but I can't codes much. 

Teg

48 posts Member

I am completely self-taught. When I was about twelve, MySpace was the big social media network. I started by designing div overlays. I googled how to do things, looked at other people's codes and picked them apart to put back together piece by piece. It's like riding a bicycle for some, once you learn it, it's easy to remember. The hard part is keeping up with all the changes. But, even then it's worth it. I love coding and designing.

xXInfectedXx

173 posts Member

College, studying a computing course. I also having to put the work in at home to get the results. Using YouTube and SoloLearn, and similar sites

RoseKaizer

30 posts Member

I am not a programmer but I know a little about coding during my college days, I taking up information technology so I learn how to code, html,php and css but i only learned the basic like creating simple website or blog site.

DarthHazard

394 posts Hive Gamurs Staff

The majority of it was from school. I did Computer Science both at High School and Sixth Form so that helped me to improve my Python coding. Most of the HTML and CSS I know, I learnt from the internet and from just making my own sites.

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register