Clan vs Community Clans And Tournaments

Markiplites

18 posts Member

Hi,

So I started a gaming community, any tips or ideas on how to do it? Is it better to call it a clan instead of a community? Is there a difference. I already setup the website and everything but nothing really comes to mind on how to really get it out there. I tried reddit and just got down voted.

Any tips or ideas I'll appreciate thanks!

Replies (4)

Syntax

7 posts Member

It honestly depends on what you want to do with it. Do you want to have people sign up, having events only with members, etc? Or do you want to have open events, free for alls, and just have fun with whoever? The first question is a clan, and the second is a community.

DarthHazard

394 posts Hive Gamurs Staff

You have to be careful with Reddit and other sites as well really. I made sure to follow the guidelines for various subreddits and managed to advertise this site over there without too much of a problem. Regarding your question, it depends on what you want. If you call it a community more people will be willing to join but more so to discuss gaming rather than play with you guys as a clan. If you want to just find people willing to game together then you should call yourself a clan.

Golddisk

58 posts Member
    Clans are generally more competitive than communities, so as the others have said, it depends on what you are planning to do with it. If you wanted both, you could probably have sub-clans within your community for gamers who are more competitive or want to play at a more intense level.

Markiplites

18 posts Member
    Quoting DarthHazard, posted Jan 26, 2018

You have to be careful with Reddit and other sites as well really. I made sure to follow the guidelines for various subreddits and managed to advertise this site over there without too much of a problem. Regarding your question, it depends on what you want. If you call it a community more people will be willing to join but more so to discuss gaming rather than play with you guys as a clan. If you want to just find people willing to game together then you should call yourself a clan.

I've decided to create a Platform community, not only for gaming but people who want to also create communities as well. The idea came to me awhile ago. A asked a few friends and they thought it was a cool idea and to go for it.

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register