Which sofftware is best for in-game recording? Content Creator Corner

SeanQ87

64 posts Member
Which video or recording software can i get to record the screen when i am gaming?
Replies (7)

jewishpoptart89

1 post Member

Hey Sean,

There are many different pieces of software you can use. It boils down to personal preference and I urge you to try both programs I'll share with you today.

My favorite one is called OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). You can record or stream using it and the really cool thing about it is it's free and pretty optimized so it's not eating away at your resources. It's open source so you can create plugins for it or use some the community or the OBS team has made themselves!

The other one I recommend and have used myself for a bit is called XSplit. There is a free version of this, however I recommend if you're going to use this for any recording or streaming the public, buy it. They run deals all the time. Don't quote me on this but I believe on-top of limitations in their software (for the free version) they have a watermark. The reason I like XSplit is because of the friendly UI and ease of use. They are very community focused and you don't have to bother finding plugins even though there is community made plugins.

Empire

216 posts Member

You have paid or free option! comes down to what you rather use. I have used allot of free to paid versions. 

-Fraps, It's one of the most used free software, easy to use and with good resuilts
    -OBS,  This is what I'm using for live streaming as it has layers and options to import images or other videos clips when streaming. And with so much add-ons. It's free

-Mirillis action, it's an paid software that allows you to stream and record. This is what I Use allot for just recording game play for YouTube and whatnot. It has allot of support and easy to use. the quilty is very good 

Jordan

157 posts Member

I +1 with using Action!

OBS is the next-best thing. Also it is free!!! That makes it one of the top contenders.

queenzelda

82 posts Member

I think it basically boils down to what your wanting to record gaming wise. If your playing using a newer console, you can use the console itself to record your progress & upload from with in the console itself. :3

Sir Twisted

249 posts Member

I have used several applications in my time, unfortunately, none of them was that good and didn't display the video in detail at all, however, there good be far better applications on the web now. 

xXInfectedXx

173 posts Member

Apowersoft, or bandicam. I'd personally suggest Apowersoft, but it's your choice and preference. Apowersoft has no watermark and recording time limit, so I think that's the better option out the two.

Alexander

101 posts Member

Bandicam has worked pretty well for me. A 1 PC license costs $39.99 and this is a permanent license and you don't have to worry about renewing. By buying a license key, you can not only record over 10 minutes but the watermark is removed also. So it's a no brainer!

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register