Treadmills The Lounge

Taffyapple

100 posts Member

I am wanting to get a treadmill for me and my husband to use.  Anyone have any suggestions on what type of the best?  Or do you have one that you just hate?

Replies (2)

Lammchen

28 posts Member

Did you ever end up getting a treadmill? We had a Weslo Cadence that lasted over a decade and we were happy with it except for the belt went bad and there was no way to remove it and replace it. I tried taking it apart but discovered that you had to take the ENTIRE machine apart to remove the belt and even then the belts available on the market aren't made for that particular machine so I doubt that it would fit correctly. We ended up trashing it. 

If you haven't gotten one yet, make sure the belt can be replaced. What happens is they get old and brittle and your shoes can cause the ends to fray and then rips happen. There is no way to mend the belt. We had a really wide belt and I used an x-acto to cut off the frayed ends and that helped us get along for another couple years until it split even more toward the center.

Alexander

101 posts Member

I don't have a treadmill. I'm quite happy jogging on our local heathland, where I'm benefiting from the fresh air & nature too. I may consider buying one with the winter season coming up, though...

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register