The Nintendo Switch. Nintendo

Jerlene

10 posts Member

Did anyone here waste their money purchasing this console? Just kidding, but did any of you give in to the hype and buy it? 

I played it at Target when it was first released. It was cool but I prefer my normal, low key Wii. But the Switch must be good because it just broke a record for selling out faster than any other console ever. In under two years it sold nearly nine million units. That was shocking to me. 

Replies (6)

Fusious

3 posts Member
    For now the only games I feel I'd actually play on it are maria kart and smash really. But I did read there's a successor to Conkers Bad Fur Day being discussed. If that happens, I will gladly give in to the hype. 

KAMI

37 posts Administrator

I picked up Switch in November of last year, shortly after Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee dropped. I'm loving the console thus far. I'm just hoping that the rumours of "Switch Pro" are false as that would render my purchase somewhat pointless and would result in swearing off Nintendo stuff for the next decade

abetti17

25 posts Member

I've had mixed feelings on the switch for a while now. I was hesitant to buy it when it first came out, as the lasting impact of the horrendous WiiU left a bitter taste in my mouth. I've played it with friends a few times, and sincerely did enjoy it, but I don't think it's something I would buy for myself. I kinda preferred the Wii as well. The switch just doesn't do enough for me. It's too much like a console in an era where Nintendo should continually be trying to differentiate itself from consoles. But maybe that's just me.

Shole

60 posts Member

My friends got it and I love it. I will buy it soon for my girlfriend and me so she can destroy me in smash because I am trash, really the worst, like I win only based on luck.

Darya

4 posts Member

I don't own it myself but I have a friend who has one, and I actually really enjoy playing it, but, I agree, it can never beat the Wii for me.

abetti17

25 posts Member

^ The Wii was insane. I have many fond memories of playing Wii sports in my basement and almost throwing the controller at the TV. Thank god for the safety straps.

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register