PlayStation 5 Playstation

DarthHazard

394 posts Hive Gamurs Staff

So we found out recently that Ubisoft thinks we won't get a new major console at least until Christmas 2019 (https://www.hivegamurs.net/article/no-new-major-consoles-for-atleast-2-years-predicts-ubisoft). Do you think we might get the PS5 before then? What would you want from the console?

Replies (17)

queenzelda

82 posts Member

Honestly I'd say that 2021 would be closer to when we'll most likely see the PS5 release. Usually each Sony console gets a 5 year life span & the PS4 Pro was released in 2016+5 more years=2021.

aerodynamik

104 posts Member

It's a good thing. I think there the PS4 hasn't lived its full potential yet, and doesn't need a new upgrade.

zoldos

36 posts Member

All I'm saying is that a PS5 better freaking play PS4 games.  That was a big hit for my g/f and I as we have $100's worth of PS3 games from their download store and as I understand it, they won't work on the PS4.

Rey

166 posts Member

We will get a ps5 way before then

Grungie

60 posts Member
    Quoting zoldos, posted Nov 21, 2017

All I'm saying is that a PS5 better freaking play PS4 games.  That was a big hit for my g/f and I as we have $100's worth of PS3 games from their download store and as I understand it, they won't work on the PS4.

The PS3 has a very complicated and very different architecture than the PS4, so it was gonna be like the Fat PS3 all over again where it was super expensive for backwards compatibility, where they pretty much had to put a PS2 inside it to work. So it's not like Sony was trying to be assholes about it unless you wanted a $700 PS4.

Or you could keep your PS3 hooked up to play your PS3 games, and not just trash your old consoles when the next shiny toy comes out.

zoldos

36 posts Member
    Quoting Grungie, posted Nov 25, 2017

The PS3 has a very complicated and very different architecture than the PS4, so it was gonna be like the Fat PS3 all over again where it was super expensive for backwards compatibility, where they pretty much had to put a PS2 inside it to work. So it's not like Sony was trying to be assholes about it unless you wanted a $700 PS4.

Or you could keep your PS3 hooked up to play your PS3 games, and not just trash your old consoles when the next shiny toy comes out.

Perhaps, but I'm not one of these people that ends up with 50 consoles. lol

trendingarticles

20 posts Member
    PS5 should be on sale for Black Friday

aerodynamik

104 posts Member

PS5 isn't out yet, lol.

trendingarticles

20 posts Member

Oops loll.

Grungie

60 posts Member
    Quoting zoldos, posted Nov 26, 2017

Perhaps, but I'm not one of these people that ends up with 50 consoles. lol

That all boils down to how much you want to play those games. Also before anyone name drops the Xbox One, it's not even full backwards compatibility because it's only a small handful of games instead of the full library like the PS2 or Nintendo handhelds.

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register