Patch Notes 3.00 News And Annoucements

DarthHazard

394 posts Hive Gamurs Staff

It's been a while since I last posted one of these. Hope everyone has been good and hope you enjoy this update as well. There may be a few bugs, issues and errors here and there, so please do report them to us. Feedback is also welcome, we love to hear what you guys think about this update and any suggestions that you may have. Let's get into this...

Dark Theme

Many users have suggested a darker look for the site and I know a few didn't want to visit the site since it was a bit too bright for their eyes. So here we have it, a much darker look for the Hive Gamurs site. For those that did prefer the lighter theme, we will be having an option to switch back very soon. For the moment this will be the default and only theme for the site. Hope you like it . You may have to press Ctrl+F5 to see the changes.

Game Guides

You've been waiting for this for a while. Game Guides has finally arrived on the Hive Gamurs website. It is pretty empty at the moment but as we grow, hopefully, our collection of game guides also grows. Hope you like it

Forum Design

A few different and minor changes to the forum design have been made as well. Also added is brand new forum icons which I hope just make the forum look a bit more colourful and vibrant.

Beermoney Lounge

As I posted earlier, we do have a brand new forum - the Beermoney Lounge. This section is for discussions related to making money both online and offline.

Minor Changes

• Issue, where empty profile comments could be left, has been fixed (Thanks to memeboy for reporting this)
  • Few more advertisements have been added to various locations
Replies (2)

Dynamo

64 posts Hive Gamurs Staff

I love this theme. Great job.

Lukecetion

28 posts Member

For starters, the "Dark" theme is absolutely awfully made. (Can't wait to switch back to the "Light" version.) While we're on the topic of design, the new section icons are a complete miss in terms of looks and purpose. (They are just yet another element  that really doesn't "talk" with the rest of the design). So all in all, the only "proper" update for 3.0 was the Game Guides. That feature also seems to be lacking (just like Reviews are), by that I mean there is no easy and proper way for members to submit Guides (or Reviews). 

So all in all, Update 3.0, a letdown. The "Dark" theme is both not to my personal liking, nor is it an objectively decent theme. (It fails to meet so many design guidelines that I can't decide on a place to start). The icons share similar issues and the only new feature is so barebones  that it serves little to no purpose. 

On a side note, I am unable to resize (drag) the text editor as I am typing this post, which is more than a mild annoyance in my case (and anyone who is writing a somewhat long post). 

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register