Patch Notes 2.01 News And Annoucements

DarthHazard

394 posts Hive Gamurs Staff

Wow, it's been quite a while since we had a proper Patch Notes thread. But here we are, with Patch 2.01. I hope you guys enjoy the little changes and new features we have included in this patch. If you have any questions, suggestions or ideas please feel free to post them in the "Feedback & Support" section .

1. Homepage - New videos will be highlighted on the homepage. Recent games that have been added to the database have also been added to the sidebar.
  2. Elite Gamurs - After some feedback, we have revamped the Elite Gamurs membership. We now allow users to donate whatever amount they want (min. $1). These donations will allow us to improve Hive Gamurs.
  3. Clans - Clans just weren't as popular as we hoped it would be. That could be due to the fact that they weren't that great. So we have decided to remove it for the moment, we may bring it back in the future if our users want it.
  4. Gaming Deals - Struggling to find the best price for a certain gaming based product? Our deals section will collect and highlight the best gaming deals from around the internet so that you don't have to waste time looking at various different sites.
  5. Guides - Gaming guides will be coming to the site very soon!
Replies (6)

Jordan

157 posts Member

Great updates per usual. I was actually a bit disappointed we were the only ones that used the Clans feature. Good to see it go though, we just don't have the user-base to utilize that. I am loving the new Deals feature. I love searching for deals so I will be adding to it periodically.

DarthHazard

394 posts Hive Gamurs Staff
    Quoting Jordan, posted Jan 05, 2018

Great updates per usual. I was actually a bit disappointed we were the only ones that used the Clans feature. Good to see it go though, we just don't have the user-base to utilize that. I am loving the new Deals feature. I love searching for deals so I will be adding to it periodically.

I guess it was a bit useless, to be fair. Maybe the community can brainstorm different ways to improve the clan feature, until then it won't be appearing again. Glad you like the deals

Jordan

157 posts Member
    Quoting DarthHazard, posted Jan 05, 2018

I guess it was a bit useless, to be fair. Maybe the community can brainstorm different ways to improve the clan feature, until then it won't be appearing again. Glad you like the deals

The feature is only useless at this time. We just don't have the user base for clans. In the future, the feature and idea will be great.

Lukecetion

28 posts Member

The thing with clans is that people have to have a reason to use them. Why do people form Guilds in say World of Warcraft or a Free Company in FFXIV? Because it benefits them in some way. They earn more stuff, they can do things they couldn't do alone. What did clans do on HiveGamurs? Give your friend-gang a cute little name you'll forget in the next 5 min?

While the lack of a proper userbase is a problem, it is by no means the only problem. On another note, the rest of the updates seems fine for a small update.

Dynamo

64 posts Hive Gamurs Staff
    Quoting Lukecetion, posted Jan 06, 2018

The thing with clans is that people have to have a reason to use them. Why do people form Guilds in say World of Warcraft or a Free Company in FFXIV? Because it benefits them in some way. They earn more stuff, they can do things they couldn't do alone. What did clans do on HiveGamurs? Give your friend-gang a cute little name you'll forget in the next 5 min?

While the lack of a proper userbase is a problem, it is by no means the only problem. On another note, the rest of the updates seems fine for a small update.

I agree with you.

Nice updates. I liked what you did there.

T Dog

120 posts Member

Gaming deals sounds like a good idea. Hopefully will do well with seo and bring in some traffic. 

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register