Laptop Battery Replacement Pc

Alexander

101 posts Member

I have had my Laptop for nearly 6 months now, and I have not yet replaced my battery. Have you had to replace yours? And, what's the normal timeframe before this is needed?

Replies (3)

Lammchen

28 posts Member

Funny you should ask about this!! I have had my laptop probably 5 years now and I had noticed this past year that my touch pad was starting to get raised up on one edge. My husband told me it's due to battery swelling and it could be dangerous and lead to a fire. 

I did my homework checking into reviews of batteries and pricing and found one to replace the swollen one. I usually keep my laptop plugged in unless we're traveling which isn't too often so I don't have a need for a battery to last many hours. 

The replacement on my ASUS was relatively easy and it took minutes to replace it with the new one. I'm happy with it so far and I've allowed the laptop to go on battery power solely a few times just to check to make sure it was still working. The very first time it took over 5 hours before it went down to 20% (that's as low as I like it to go) and then after that it was an hour and a half which I think is pretty common on cheap laptops.

Alexander

101 posts Member
    Quoting Lammchen, posted Oct 02, 2020

Funny you should ask about this!! I have had my laptop probably 5 years now and I had noticed this past year that my touch pad was starting to get raised up on one edge. My husband told me it's due to battery swelling and it could be dangerous and lead to a fire. 

I did my homework checking into reviews of batteries and pricing and found one to replace the swollen one. I usually keep my laptop plugged in unless we're traveling which isn't too often so I don't have a need for a battery to last many hours. 

The replacement on my ASUS was relatively easy and it took minutes to replace it with the new one. I'm happy with it so far and I've allowed the laptop to go on battery power solely a few times just to check to make sure it was still working. The very first time it took over 5 hours before it went down to 20% (that's as low as I like it to go) and then after that it was an hour and a half which I think is pretty common on cheap laptops.

So far, so good. It depends on what programs I'm running, how much CPU usage is being consumed, and how high my screen brightness is. I'm hoping not to replace it for a few years. Is there anything I can do to prolong my battery life? Thank you!

jeremy

4 posts Member

easy to replace. if you are techie you can do it. Or search on youtube how to replace the battery. find by model

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register