How to Handle Staff Conflict Webmaster Chat

TheJason

142 posts Member

I work on this one forum where there is just way too much conflict.  In fact, one time it just seems like a member delete went into effect over childish reasons!  In other words, it seems like they could have worked it out.  So anyway, If I ran a forum like that one, as super admin, I wouldn't want to prevent conflict, of course, without being a pushover.

Replies (3)

Joshua Farrell

58 posts Administrator

It really depends on the conflict in the staff. I have been in a few situations where the conflict in the staff was something you expect regular users to argue over.

Lammchen

28 posts Member

We keep our staff numbers really low and one gentleman is elderly and the other is in his low 30s. I think the generation gap actually benefits us and helps the two get along better as they don't wish to offend the other. 

On another site I used to belong to the "Advisors" who were above the Admins would handle any disputes and if they didn't like you they would just fire you.

Alexander

101 posts Member

It really depends on the situation at hand. There are always two sides to a story, but I don't want immaturity and my community to turn into a playground at the end of the day. Resolving the issue between staff members, as a mediator, at first instance, is the best way forward.

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register