Favorite Holidays The Lounge

Teg

48 posts Member

Holidays are usually a fun time for most people. They get to spend time with their families regardless if they are estranged or not. There are many holidays throughout the year. Here are my favorites.

Halloween: I love Halloween and it's the one holiday we go all out for in my family. We do a haunted yard every year. Grandma and grandpa pass out candy with the neighbors while we take the kids out trick or treating. And, I love seeing all the kids' costumes because there are usually some original ones out there.

Thanksgiving: Another one of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving. I like this holiday for many reasons, but the biggest one is the fact that I get to see all of my sisters and spend time with my parents. Plus, there's always a ton of food and a good Football game going on. And, there's never a dull moment at our family gatherings.

Christmas: I love Christmas. Spending time with family, eating great food, and many other aspects of the holiday make me love it even more. Christmas time is usually when my family officially recognizes or welcomes new members of our family. It's been an ongoing tradition for years. I also look forward to the looks on my kids' faces when they wake up on Christmas morning and see all the gifts under the tree. This year I had my older two kids volunteer at a soup kitchen and they were asked to donate some of their toys to kids who are less fortunate than they are. It was quite the experience for everyone.

The biggest thing I hate about the holidays is all the driving around we have to do. Holiday traffic is a nightmare.

What are your favorite holidays and what do you like about them?

Replies (21)

RoseKaizer

30 posts Member

For me my favorite Holidays are Christmas days and New Year. Because it is the time that our family is complete, all of the member of family are there and also relatives are there to celebrate with us.

berry

14 posts Member
    i like the Christmas period more it always an exciting time for me one is off any form of work and is concentrating on eating and merriment. Who doesn't like that.

Reverie

5 posts Member

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. It makes everyone happier - more cheerful. It's just a wonderful time. People tend to also try to be nicer to one another.

Empire

216 posts Member

When I go away I will say lol.. But last time when I went away was back in 2013 for two months

Taffyapple

100 posts Member

Christmas and Halloween.  I love giving presents to my family and shopping for them.  I could care less if I get anything, but it is fun to open a gift here and there!  

And Halloween because that is the one day out of the year that you can be anything you want to be and not be judged. 

Joshua Farrell

58 posts Administrator

It really depends. I am currently transitioning my favorite major holidays. My current favorite probably would be Halloween and U.S. Memorial Day.

abetti17

25 posts Member

Christmastime is the best time of the year. If you have a close circle of family and friends to enjoy it with, it really can be the most wonderful of times.

Darya

4 posts Member

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are my favorites given that that's when I get to see my family, and much as I can dislike them at times, family gatherings are always the best.

KAMI

37 posts Administrator

I like spending my time with friends and family, but it feels artificial to only do it out of some sort of obligation that some holidays seem to insinuate. So I guess I'm one of the rare people who doesn't really care for holidays all that much. However, if I had to pick a favorite, it'd be new years as I get to be off work for nearly two weeks, depending on how work days fall on a given year

Taffyapple

100 posts Member
    Quoting abetti17, posted Apr 14, 2019

Christmastime is the best time of the year. If you have a close circle of family and friends to enjoy it with, it really can be the most wonderful of times.

I agree with you there.  Family and friends do make a holiday even that much better.  I know that my family has a blast for all of our holiday celebrations.  

You must be logged in to participate in the forum - Login | Register